Castelli Prologo VI Jersey
When a jersey concept is carried forward with regular updates it tell us all two things. One, the cycling public likes it, and two, the company making it has both great belief and commitment to it. Such is the life line of the Prologo jersey concept, and with the release of the Prologo VI, Castelli has delivered a little more edge, new fabric, and maintained the supreme comfort and sweet price point you have come to love. The details for the Prologo VI represent the leading edge of Castelli's comfort and performance technologies. The clean, stylistic, shadow logo sublimation on the chest is an overprint on dyed base fabric, and appears to be both bold and stealthy. The Prologo VI has the more modern longer, more supportive sleeve, with a clean, wide compressive band. In keeping with a long Castelli focal point, the full length YKK zipper ensures trouble free use and is light; laying flat on the body.
The key to the new design is a new fabric, in this case Punto, a soft, fast wicking textile that is lightweight and offers excellent breathability for a garment in this the sub $100 price point. The fabric lays close to the body, riding gently on the skin, easing moisture away and releasing it outward. A waffle like structure allows incoming air to help facilitate the moisture management process and keeps you cool and dry. Alternatively, the fabric has remarkable stretch without losing it's soft feel against the skin and features bioceramic nanoparticles added to the fused polymer in the yarn, which reflect infrared light to both protect you from hot sun and help the body keep itself warm when necessary. The 3 back pockets are constructed from a more supportive blend, while a silicone gripper holds the lower back in place..
The Prologo VI has more of a race feel and features than it's predecessor, but not uncomfortably so, and is a form-fitting jersey, but more generous and comfortable with greater stretch than a true race cut. This is not an aesthetic choice, but a functional one. The material technology that makes the Prologo VI special requires skin to fabric contact to be effective. While the jersey doesn't need to be skin tight, you want the material to glide over the skin to maximize its capabilities. That has long been a Prologo characteristic and the VI propels the concept forward.
- Clean, crisp, full zip, form fit, short sleeve jersey with race features
- New Punto fabric is light and breathable, remarkably soft yet stretchy
- Features bioceramic nanoparticles added to the fused polymer, which reflect far infrared light to both protect you from hot sun and help the body keep itself warm
- Horizontal stretch for great fit, with limited vertical stretch to support pockets
- Castelli shadow logo sublimation overprint on dyed base fabric
- Covered full-length YKK Vislon zipper
- 3 rear pockets in drop tail design, held in place by lower hem silicone gripper
- Colors: Black/Ivory/Dark Gray, Ivory/Red/Steel Blue, Light Steel Gray/Chartreuse, Black/Red/Black
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Weight: 160 grams (Medium)