Park Tool RP-5 Internal Retaining Ring Pliers
Snap rings are much more common on bikes now than every before. From suspension to bottom bracket and hub bearing retainers to disc brake calipers, serious mechanics require a variety of snap ring pliers to work effectively without risking damage to sensitive parts. Park Tool has built their snap ring pliers specifically around the needs and requirement of the bike industry and the RP-5 1.7mm Straight Internal Snap Ring Plier is perfect example. With 1.7mm diameter tips on a straight blades, the RP-5 reaches down into a narrow work zone (such as within a suspension seatpost) to compress snap ring tabs to release the spring, allowing the unit to be disassembled. The tips open from 22mm max spread to closure with tips touching, offering a substantial range in a long, internal snap ring plier.
Precision made from forged, heat treated chro-moly steel, with a stainless return spring, the RP-5 Snap Ring Plier is built for years of daily use, or a lifetime of most mechanics. The vinyl coated handles offer a comfortable no-slip tactile feel for intricate interaction. If you work on suspension forks, posts, or shocks, and disc brake caliper work is part of your daily life, you have to own Park's Snap Ring Pliers.
- Professional quality 1.7mm tipped straight internal snap ring pliers
- Tips open from 22mm max to 0mm (tips touching)
- Straight blades for small, internal snap rings
- Forged, heat-treated cro-moly steel with a return spring and vinyl dipped grips
- Must have tool for suspension and disc brake servicing
- Careful use of snap ring pliers preserves small part and housing integrity
- Use the proper size and type tool for the job