SRAM Red AXS Rear Road Brake Caliper
Of all the SRAM Red AXS components, the road rim brake Aero calipers are the strongest carry over from the Red 22 line, but the engineers still made some changes and refinements that improve on this solid, lightweight performer. The Aero design extends to the shape of the indexed four-position quick release, while the Aero Link was modified slightly for an improved leverage that is not discernible in action, only in braking results. The elongated, sculpted arm has a solid look and feel to it, while the graceful arches of the caliper halves themselves belie strength and torsional resistance to deliver consistently excellent modulation and power.
Designed for single bolt mounting and accepting 28mm tires, this AXS Rear Road Brake Caliper is equipped with lighter, more aero pad retainers, which carry SwissStop Flash Pro pads right out of the box. Stainless steel hardware is reliable and corrosion resistant, and SRAM provides 10 and 16mm brake nuts for proper installation that fits most frameset designs.Finally the calipers and hardware have a deep grey finish to complement the Red eTap AXS groupset.
- Red AXS road rim brake caliper more aerodynamic, leverages more power
- AeroLink® arm amplifies braking power while reducing frontal area
- Aero design extends to the shape of the indexed four-position quick release
- Wider clearance for modern tires and wheelsets (up to 28c)
- Lighter, aero pad retainers carry SwissStop Flash Pro pads standard
- Stainless steel hardware, with 10 and 16mm brake nuts
- Standard reach, single post, road rim brake caliper
- Updated finish to match new SRAM RED eTap AXS
- Rear Caliper
- Weight: 197 grams