SRAM Red WiFli Rear Aeroglide Rear Derailleur
The SRAM 2012 RED WiFLi features a longer cage and gets a slight variation in geometry to accommodate an 11-32 cassette. This provides the lower gearing range of a triple crank but with much lighter weight, quicker shifting and less wide Q-factor.
SRAM achieves silent shifting thanks mainly to refining the tooth geometry of the new AeroGlide jockey wheels. A new pulley cage works to more precisely manage the chain. Even though the pulleys are newly designed, they retain the ultra-smooth, Blackbox ceramic bearings to reduce drivetrain friction to a minimum.
Other improvements include more clearance with a 32t cassette due to the addition of a longer B knuckle. A new spring-fixed barrel adjuster gives a lighter action while fine-tuning. The Red rear derailleur was already lighter than seems possible at 167 grams but SRAM just had to add a hollow titanium pinch bolt.
The new Red Aero Glide rear derailleur retains SRAM's Exact Actuation for easy set up and precise shifts. Exact actuation means the derailleur moves the same distance for every shift and the distance the cable travels with every click is identical. So even and exact shifts occur over whole shifting range. The Red rear derailleur is able to handle rear cassettes up to 32 teeth and both standard and compact cranks.
- 167 grams actual weight
- Exact Actuation shifting provides fast, accurate shifts
- Compatible with all SRAM 10-speed rear cassettes up to 32t teeth
- New silent shifting with optimized AeroGlide Pulleys, ceramic bearings
- New spring-fixed barrel adjuster
- New chain pulley cage adds precise chain management
- Titanium pinch bolt keeps a low profile while minimizing weight