Jagwire Road Pro Brake Cable Kit
This Jagwire Road Pro Brake Cable Kit is made with superb and is quality alternative to stock housing and cables for many SRAM and Shimano equipped bikes. The Road Pro kit from Jagwire has everything you need to completely re-cable brakes on your road bike. The kit features the company's KEB-SL lubricated 5mm brake housing for added durability and smooth and precise shifting. The brake cables are their top grade STS-PS pre-stretched, polished, slick stainless steel spiral-bound cables. This is a true upgrade kit and comes complete with the ferrules, endcaps, and even Jagwire's compact TubeTop frame protectors to finish off the job.
The KEB-SL housing design and execution is pure engineering. Instead of a coiled steel wrap over an inner liner, all of which sits in a flexible plastic jacket, Jagwire created a much more flexible and reduced friction compression-free system. The use of linear steel strands around a Slick-Lube liner results in a compression-free system. To make the housing withstand the mechanical force of braking pressure Jagwire added hundreds of Kevlar strands that are braided around the linear steel runs. This provides necessary structure and force deterrence without compromising flexibility, which allows the housing to be truly compression-free and greatly improves braking performance with less lever effort. It's something you can actually feel.
The cable themselves match the innovation and excellence of the housing. This is a truly complementary engineered system. Jagwire uses pre-stretched, polished, slick stainless steel spiral-bound cables. The polishing removes the surface edges and finishes the cable as round as possible with strand cable, allowing it to move consistently, freely, inside the lubed liner of the housing, along any curve shape. This polishing process results in a smoother surface, with lower friction, than PTFE-coated cables. With no coating, these are highly durable and compatible with all performance housings and lubricants, but work best in KEB-SL housing.
The Jagwire Road Pro Brake Cable Kit contains a 3000mm roll of 5mm brake housing, along with generous length 1.6mm brake cables: a 1500mm cable for the front brake, and a 2800mm long cable for the rear brake. Six various type ferrules cover all eventualities, two 5G split Tube Tops, two housing clips, 3 cable donuts, and two crimpable alloy end caps round out the package. This is truly an upgrade for over 90% of all OE road brake cable and housing kits. Jagwire has applied innovative construction and high tech materials to ensure that road braking performance is considerably enhanced with the use of this complete kit. It even comes in several housing color options.
- High tech upgrade brake cable/housing kit for road bikes with dual pivot, cantilever, and mechanical disc brakes
- 5mm KEB-SL brake housing uses linear steel strands around a Slick-Lube liner wrapped in a woven Kevlar layer, resulting a very flexible, compression-less housing that is 30% lighter than standard housing
- 1.6mm STS-PS pre-stretched, polished, slick stainless steel spiral-bound cables
- Polishing leaves smoother surface with lower friction than PTFE-coated cables
- 3000mm of 5mm brake housing
- 1500mm & 2800mm 1.6mm brake cables
- 6 black alloy housing ferrules- 3 types, 2 each
- 3 black cable donuts
- 2 black 5G split Tube Top frame protectors
- 2 black alloy cable end caps
- Compatible with Shimano and SRAM dual control levers only
- Colors: Stealth Black, Black, White, Red, Ice Gray