Shimano S-Phyre Bib Tights
The S-Phyre Bib Tights from Shimano check all the boxes. Water repellent, wind blocking, insulation and thermal management, breathability, anatomic design, ergonomics for an aggressive cycling position, and so on. This version does not come with a chamois pad, which is a plus for those who prefer the pad and fit of their everyday bib or short. So if the S-Phyre Bib Tight meets the criteria you find in other bib tights, what makes it special? The answer starts with Shimano's approach to the S-Phyre line-up, with impeccable integration, premium technical materials and construction, smart features, and excellent execution as a cycling piece. It ends with a wonderful finished garment that carries the features and details you require, with a highly desirable level of comfort during the the hardest rides in the most challenging cold, wet weather.
The Anatomic 3D design combines with Shimano's complementary 37ºC (98.6°F) material technologies that moderate heat and moisture to create the ultimate cold-weather training bib tight. The strategically placed proprietary windproof and water-repellent neoprene outer surface, thermal insulation core, and brushed fleece inner surface serve to produce this 3-in-1 barrier garment that protects the rider across the changing conditions encountered during off-season training. A double zipper structure provides easy “nature break” access. Flat-finish cuffs match perfectly with S-Phyre Thermal Shoe Covers. Moisture-wicking bib section aligns with the Heat Control vent panels on S-Phyre Baselayer and S-Phyre Windresistant Jersey.
Fit and comfort wise, the vertical coverage in the abdomen and torso provides great heat management but also adds compression, which supports the finer muscles around the body, sparing them from unnecessary fatigue or stress. The same can be sad for the larger muscle groups of the leg and backside. Some bib tight manufacturers have moved away from additional torso coverage, allowing the upper body layers to manage heat and moisture control, but sacrificing the additional muscle support. While cyclists may have a personal preference here, as materials otherwise have gotten more compressive, the abrupt departure in this key anatomic zone can be discomfiting. In general we have found that as long as the fit, fabric, and key features (such as the dual end zipper) are well designed and executed, the added support is very beneficial on cold weather rides.
- Full length cycling bib tight without chamois for system engineered solution for cold weather training, riding, or racing
- Anatomic 3D design combines with body temp management of 37ºC material technologies
- Water-repellent neoprene outer surface, thermal insulation core, and brushed fleece inner surface produces a 3-in-1 barrier
- Strategic material selection for weather-fighting performance and flat-bonded seams for increased riding comfort.
- Double zipper structure provides easy “nature break” access
- Moisture-wicking bib section aligns with the Heat Control vent panels on S-Phyre Baselayer and S-Phyre Windresistant Jersey
- Flat cuff construction for perfect integration with S-Phyre Insulated Shoe Cover
- Reflective elements improve rider visibility in low-light conditions
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black