Selle Italia SLR Boost Kit Carbonio Superflow S Saddle
Looking for a truly modernized version of the SLR Flow saddle? If you are a fan of the shorter length saddles with a little more comfort and a larger center channel, the Selle Italia SLR Boost Kit Carbonio Superflow S Saddle is the narrower version of this racing design. Lightweight at a claimed 122 grams, this saddle design features Carbon-Keramic 7x9mm rails that designate it as the Kit Carbonio and the Superflow cutout that has quickly been adopted by many Selle Italia fans.
The short, or compact, saddle concept delivers a more consistent seating zone with better support and pedaling platform that ensures power transfer throughout the pedal stroke. The design discourages much fore-aft movement, which is needed in the case of the Superflow cutout, a large open channel allows more airflow while reducing pressure on and around the sensitive perineal zone. The shape lifts the sit bones and allows the leg a clean path down to the pedals. Is it the right design for every cyclist? Of course not, but it does appeal to a great many riders who are looking for these features. If you are familiar with the Selle Italia idmatch fit system, the Small version of the SLR Boost Kit Carbonio Superflow is an S3 and recommended for cyclists with a "narrow" intertrochanteric (sitbone gap) distance and high pelvic rotation, who develop high levels of pressure on the surface of the saddle.
Like most of the higher-end Selle Italia saddles, this race model is built for comfort and performance, and has the strength and durability to handle heavy pro rider mileage. The weather and sweat resistant Fibra-Tek microfiber cover is more than up to the challenge, and the Carbon-Keramic rails have been well proven over the last several years. The strength and light weight delivered by the rails are augmented by the vibration mitigation and the extra support they offer to the carbon shell. The S model is 248mm long and 130mm wide, and can be considered against the L model, which has a 145mm width.
- SLR Superflow racing saddle, lightweight, short length, with excellent power transfer
- 7mm x 9mm oval Carbon-Keramic rails offer more shell support and overall stiffness
- Rails mitigate road vibrations via blend of carbon fiber and ceramic materials
- Superflow SLR shape, large cut-out and profile with carbon shell system
- Fibra-Tek cover is durable, won't absorb water, perforated to reduce heat
- Though padding is modest, there is extra padding around Flow channel
- Size S: 130mm wide, 248mm long
- Selle Italia idmatch fit: S3
- Color: Black
- Weight: 124 grams (actual, +/- 5 grams off listed 122g)
- Made in Italy
Please note: Due to manufacturing variances, saddle may be different than pictured.