Shimano Stainless Steel Brake Cable
The go-to road brake cable for most mechanics when doing repair or overhaul work has long been the Shimano Stainless Steel Brake Cable. The wound SUS stainless steel cable resists corrosion, is strong, and works with cable actuated road brake levers made over the last several decades. The ability to fight corrision and carry grease without infiltration limits drag within the housing and increases overall durability and longevity of both cable and housing.
Sold here as a 1.6mm diameter single cable, at 2050mm in length, this will fit for front or rear brakes on the vast majority of frame sizes for road bikes. Shimano offers a 3500mm length option for tandem, recumbent or trike applications that require a longer cable. This cable has the single specific ball-type end for road brake or Dual Control (STI, SRAM, Campagnolo) lever use. The end of the cable is finished to prevent fraying during installation and set-up. Shimano provides a crimp-able end cap to finish the job and prevent fraying after you cut the cable to desired length.
- 1.6mm wound SUS stainless steel road style brake cable resist corrosion
- Works with virtually all road brake lever systems
- 2050mm length works for nearly all frames for front or rear brake use
- Wound cable strands deliver power, work well with silicone grease to prolong cable and housing life
- Includes large crimp-style end cap for 1.6mm OD cable
- Sold as an individual cable
- Made in Japan