Campagnolo Super Record HO 11 Speed Rear Derailleur
Super Record 11 is the purest form of Campagnolo's drivetrain ethos. The incredible carbon construction, with reduced weight and increased performance where ever possible. The highest quality lightweight titanium and alloy hardware. Impeccable appearance and performance go hand-in-hand. So it may seem odd to some that a Super Record level is being offered in the Campagnolo road hydraulic disc line-up, but the world has changed, some, and purists like wide gearing range and the all weather stopping power and control of hydraulic disc brakes. While the drivetrain is not hydraulic, the new rear hub spacing and axle-types used for disc brakes, as well as the desired wider gear range, mean that some changes to the rear derailleur were important to maintaining the top-level, quiet, and and reliable shifting Campagnolo is known for. Hence the Super Record HO 11 Speed Rear Derailleur system was developed, and offered in two cage lengths, with the new Medium Cage option capable of cleanly and easily shifting on an 11-32 cassette.
The HO designation used here means Hydraulic Optimized, which may be somewhat confusing, as the rear derailleur has no hydraulic feature, just that the design was optimized to accommodate the range, rear spacing, and axle-type changes mentioned above, as most of these are associated with the move to hydraulic road disc braking. This Super Record HO 11 Speed Rear Derailleur has been updated for disc brake frames that feature the wider rear dropout spacing without compromising standard 130mm road spacing performance. Both the Short and Medium (72.5mm) Cage versions feature an adapted mounting link for easier thru-axle removal and wheel insertion. The pulley wheels have also been redesigned for more for precise shifting, simpler adjustment, and chainwrap at more extreme chainlines thanks to the upper pulley wheel having longer teeth, while the lower with chamfered teeth that reduce friction and noise. The lower pulley wheel also features a ceramic ball bearing assembly that further reduces resistance and friction in the drivetrain.
The re-design also features movement of the limit screws to a rear-facing position on the upper body that is easy to access for cleaner, more direct tool access. Overall, the geometry of the Ultra Shift cage parallelogram was changed for more efficient movement over the greater gear range and the impact of wider spacing on the chainline. Both cage models carry the new HO design and not so standard Super Record level technology and hardware, with the lightened carbon body design, lightweight titanium hardware and stiff cage plates. The Medium Cage has an aluminum construction and is now compatible with 11-32 11-speed cassettes, while the carbon construction Short Cage maintains at 29T for the larger cassette cog.
Functionally, the HO design has been developed to deliver the performance, shifting precision, and reliability you love from Campagnolo's flagship system. The Super Record HO 11 Speed Rear Derailleur simply expands the capabilities of the Record and other Campagnolo 2015+ 11-speed road line-up to include the current move towards to hydraulic road disc brake use, the frame standards, and user requirements that have evolved with that development. The only real visible difference is the lightweight, sculpted aluminum cage of the Medium version, which handles the stress and torsion of the greater cog size without risk to a carbon version.
- HO (Hydraulic Optimized) Super Record rear derailleur accommodates the new wider spacing, axle types, and greater chainline spread of bikes designed for disc brake use
- Still compatible with standard road 130mm hub spacing with quick release
- Two cage options: Short (up to 11-29), Medium (up to 11-32)
- Features an adapted mounting link for easier thru-axle removal and wheel insertion
- Ultra-Shift delivers max shifting rigidity, fast actuation, precision, friction reduction
- Updated parallelogram maximizes stiffness, shifting speed and precision
- Short Cage has full carbon derailleur cage, Medium Cage has aluminum cage
- Upper pulley roller bushing in sintered material, lower has ceramic ball bearing
- Carbon fiber body, lightened where feasible, titanium fixing bolts
- Upper pulley wheel has longer teeth, Lower wheel has chamfered shape
- Limit screws face rear off upper body, direct, clean tool access
- Compatible with Potenza, 2015 and newer Chorus, Record and Super Record
- Not compatible with pre-2015 Campagnolo drivetrains
- Options: Short Cage (55mm), Long Cage (72.5mm)
- Color: Carbon/Black
- Weight: Short Cage 166g, Medium 180g