Ritchey SuperLogic EvoCurve Handlebar
The Ritchey Superlogic EvoCurve Handlebar is one of our favorites because of the sub 200 gram weight and striking UD finish. Yet weight and lloks are only two characteristics of this smartly designed road bar. The high quality carbon and superior engineering also deliver a very strong handlebar that defeats road vibration and feels powerful and stiff while climbing or sprinting.
Considering the popularity of both of the Curve and Evolution handlebars, Ritchey decided to combine the features of the two designs and create the EvoCurve. EvoCurve offers the best of both bars wrapped up into one package. The handlebar features an ergonomic upper section based on the Evolution bar except with a 4° rearward sweep instead of 3° of the stock Evolution bar to offer a slightly more ergonomic feel. The Curve style drops are a decreasing radius bend, or curve as it were, which falls somewhere between a round and anatomic bend and profile. It allows for a true anatomic fit that is achieved without specific angled bends, so hand positions in the drops are infinite and comfortable in any position.
Ritchey's Superlogic line has long been a stalwart of Excel's handlebar selection. There are several design options that contrast and complement each other, and the stiffness for weight is borderline ridiculous. Nor is there any bar we sell that better attenuates the road vibrations that fatigue hands, arms, and shoulders over the course of a ride. If the shape and set-up of the Ritchey SuperLogic EvoCurve Handlebar suits you, we highly recommend it.
- Premium grade full UD carbon road handlebar with tailored ergonomic design
- Short reach, shallow drop with 4° sweep at the ovalized top section
- Smooth, double-radius drops- sets up great with current shift/brake levers
- Center section is clamp-on aero bar compatible
- No-slip grit at stem and brake lever mounting surfaces
- Cable grooves allow you to create a sleeker routing and better feel
- Clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Drop/Reach 130mm/80mm (40, 42, 44), 130mm/75mm (38mm)
- Widths: 38, 40, 42, 44 cm (measured center to center at the lever mount)
- Color: Matte UD Carbon
- Weight: 195 grams (42cm)
AnonymousPosted on 5/14/2013
Great bar. Fit and finish is top notch. 194g for 140 width. 4degree back sweep is nice for climbing. Ergonomics are nice, nothing radical like some of the other bars out there. Good blend of traditional curves and ergo
Pros Light, nice mix of ergonomics