Castelli Superleggera Jacket
The Superleggara Jacket is for serious cyclists who don't hesitate to head out for the day's ride when the sky is gray, the wind is up and rain has a decent chance to be an issue at some point before returning home. With a close fit, high collar, over-wrist coverage, and an aggressive cut, this wind breaking jacket helps to retain warmth, keep on-rushing air out, and provide some protection when the rain drops fly on days when you head out with temps in the mid-50's with no expectation that you will see them rise above 70. Incredibly light, inherently packable, and powered by serious technical fabrics, the Superleggara allows you train at your highest levels outdoors without compromise on days when others cut the ride short, or opt for the trainer.
The primary fabric in this lightweight creation is Pertex® Quantum, which uses incredibly fine yarns, precisely woven to provide a light, strong and durable fabric. It has a soft touch and feel, yet has significant strength. The added benefits of the tightly woven end fabric is that it is nearly completely windproof, and blocks considerable water as well without an additional treatment. Of course the highly technical fabric allows moisture and excess heat to escape, making it an ideal material for a cycling piece. Now, the flip side is that Pertex® Quantum doesn't stretch, so for the Superleggera Jacket the body panels are shaped with anatomic cues, with a close fit. The upper back panel of piece holds the key to actual fit, with Stretch Torrent waterproof fabric allowing the back and shoulders to conform to shape and eliminating the billowing many superlight jackets can't avoid. Stretch Torrent is a 3-layer stretch fabric with 10,000 mm protection- considered waterproof so water on the back will run off without penetrating. The fabric also breathes exceptionally well, so you won't overheat either.
From the high neck collar, to the YKK Vislon full length zipper and stretch, shaped, stretch wrist protection, and reflectivity front and rear, Castelli nails the key features in the Superleggera Jacket. There are some strong competitors in the packable, lightweight, windblocking jacket category, but few can come close when you factor in the water resistance, fit, and 91 gram weight (Medium). Any cyclist who rides in and around the mountains will naturally gravitate to the Superleggera, as will those who live along the water or fight the winds of the plains. So, pretty much everyone can enjoy the benefits of this fantastic jacket that allows them to neutralize the elements as they pursue excellence on the bike.
- Superlight packable performance jacket that blocks wind, resists water; aggressive fit
- Designed to be close fitting in cycling posture with anatomical panel sections, and short front hem, long back hem
- Main fabric: Pertex Quantum, lightweight super fine yarn, strong with windblocking and water resistance, high breathability rate
- Stretch Torrent back panel enables close fit, fully breathable waterproof soft fabric
- Tall collar and shaped wrist extension for comfort and protection
- YKK Vislon zipper with easy pull design
- Front and rear reflective panels for effective visibility
- Super compact when rolled up for easy packability
- Sizes: Medium, Large, XL, XXL, 3XL
- Colors: White, Anthracite, Black
- Weight: 91 grams (Medium)