Pearl Izumi Transfer Short Sleeve Baselayer 2017
Why a summer weight short-sleeve baselayer? Doesn't my high-tech jersey do that? The answer to the latter is- it depends on the piece, and how it works and fits for you. The answer to the former is more detailed. Offering comfort, exceptional moisture transfer, and cycling specific features and fit, the Pearl Izumi Transfer Short Sleeve Baselayer creates better options for riding in temperatures from 50-79°F. This cycling specific summer weight baselayer is designed to keep you cool and comfortable even on hot days. Transfer fabric facilitates the evaporative process by rapidly moving moisture away from your skin to your jersey or jacket, keeping the skin drier and releasing excess heat. With Transfer Dry fabric, Pearl employs Minerale™ technology, in which fiber-embedded activated charcoal in the front panel fabric further speeds dry time and cooling. This process is markedly faster than just by yarn and construction capabilities, and is truly the difference maker in this excellent baselayer.
Yet Pearl Izumi is never satisfied, and the back panel is made of a superlight, stretchy mesh, that allows heat to escape quickly, to prevent moisture build-up, without skin irritation or a sacrifice in fit. In fact, the fit is crucial to the overall performance of the Transfer Short Sleeve Baselayer, and the designers have constructed the garment specifically for cycling, with proper length, soft merrow seaming to reduce irritation or chafing, and the patent-pending Speed Sleeve anatomic shaping and construction that hugs the contours of your shoulders, providing a second-skin fit when in the bent-over riding positing. Nearly all breathable fabrics are designed to sit directly on the skin for optimal transfer, and functional, comfortable fit is the main reason people wear a baselayer in the first place.
This is a baselayer that can be worn all summer in most locales, and makes for a great next-to-skin layer in the Spring and Fall Shoulder seasons, making the Transfer Short Sleeve Baselayer one of the most versatile and valuable pieces you will own. Better make it two, and we recommend you pick up the sleeveless version as well.
- Ideal cycling summer weight short sleeve baselayer with three season versatility
- Incredible moisture transfer and heat release, with cycling specific anatomic form fit
- Transfer Dry fabric provides optimal moisture transfer for quick dry performance
- Minerale™ activated charcoal integrated into the yarns used in front panels to speed dry time even more
- Soft merrow seams for next-to-body comfort
- Front fabrics: Minerale™ knit- 70% Minerale™ 27% polyester 3% elastane; Weight 120 g/m2
- Back fabric: Polyester lite mesh 88% polyester 12% elastane; Weight 108 g/m2
- Stretch panel on shoulders: 80% polyester 20% elastane; Weight 165 g/m2
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Colors: Black, White