Assos Winter Socks
A great winter cycling sock has to be comfortable, warm, supportive- all without being too bulky, as most cyclists prefer to wear their best fitting everyday cycling shoes. Comfort, support, breathability, and moderate insulation have been engineered with the textile and construction expertise you expect from Assos. Add in photoluminescent visibility and you have an ideal pair of Winter Socks
Fabrics, informed by their physical properties and capabilities, are the foundation of any garment and the unique cotton-wrapped elastomer blend used here yields a medium compressive hold and moderate insulation along the foot, ankle, and lower leg using our seamless construction. Assos uses a unique hexagonal and square shape of the knit to transfer moisture through the yarns to the outer surface, ensuring your feet stay dry and comfortable inside your shoes. The resulting fabric shows no exposed seams and creates complete comfort by reducing chafe and pressure points. The arch exposes more informed detail wrapping it with a ribbed band for further support and boosted breathability. The socks feature a truly supportive anatomic fit in the Right-Left specific design.
Assos had yet another stacked hand to play, in the safety/visibility realm. The rear of the sock, from above the heel cup up the Achilles tendon, a contrasting reflective band has been added. What makes it somewhat unique in the industry. Called STL (short for Spot The Light), this zone features light-absorbing polyester yarns that have been developed with photoluminescent pigment in order to remain luminous in the absence of light. It is not simply reflective, but after absorbing light the luminescence stays active. This is more than just low-light visibility. This is Assos, and these are the Winter Socks you have yearned for.
- Incredibly comfortable, yet highly functional cold weather sock
- Moderate weight, moisture transfer & support; detailed anatomic construction
- Unique cotton-wrapped elastomer blend compressive ensures warmth, hold
- Medium effect insulation along the foot, ankle, and lower leg
- A seamless wrap on the foot for the ultimate in friction-free comfort
- 360° ribbed band on arch keeps the foot comfortably supported within the shoe
- No exposed seams: 160-needle construction provides a seamless wrap on the foot for the ultimate in friction-free comfort.
- Composition: 60% polyester, 20% polyamide, 16% cotton, 4% elastane
- Assos STL light-absorbing polyester yarns have been developed with photoluminescent pigment in order to remain luminous in the absence of light; rear ankle panel
- Sizes: I, II
- Color: Blackseries
- Weight: 44 grams (II)