Time Xpresso 15 Titan Carbon Ceramic Pedals
When it comes to the Time Xpresso pedal line-up, the 15 Titan Carbon Ceramic is king. It is the same pedal as the previous top of the line, Xpresso 12 with the upgrade to the superior Ceramic Speed bearings from the standard steel bearings.
Time's decades-long focus on bio-mechanics have provided the rider with retention while allowing the cleat and shoe to move laterally and pivot freely to reduce stress on the knee and ankle. Many cyclists have found that they cannot use any other system without having knee or joint issues. What makes the Time system unique is lateral float. While almost all pedal systems have angular rotation built into the cleat, Time offers both angular float and lateral float working in tandem, built into the pedal. In short, this means the shoe/foot is permitted to rotate/pivot and move side to side (laterally) to naturally adjust during the pedal stroke.
The fact that both of these mechanisms are built into the pedal greatly reduces any friction- you aren't creating movement elsewhere, using extra pedal washers, etc. It is so smooth the rider is generally unaware that it is occurring unless they switch back and forth with another road pedal system. When clipped in, you will also notice the generous amount of material used to create a long and super wide platform. So much so, when you up on the pedal, it feels like you are standing on the floor. The Xpresso I-Clic cleat system also offers three Q-factor driven mounting points to best suit your individual needs. This system doesn't effect the bio-mechanic float freedom.
The Xpresso's entry and retention design is much akin to a ski binding and makes entry into the pedal an incredible simple task. When you exit the pedal the carbon fiber blade holds the cage open and then closes when you re-enter the pedal. The use of a carbon fiber blade instead of a traditional spring ensures the clip-in action is easier, faster and virtually friction-free. There is simply no pedal that is easier to clip into.
- Premium carbon pedal with ceramic bearings, super light weight
- Full carbon body is molded and sculpted for strength, power transfer
- Active bio-dynamic angular and lateral float while pedaling
- Hollow titanium axle is lightweight, stiff
- Ceramic Speed bearings reduce friction and resistance from body to axle
- Massive 700 square mm surface area
- 3-levels of carbon blade tension adjustment
- Pedal/Cleat stack height to shoe: 13.5mm
- Adjustable Q-Factor (with cleat set-up)
- Includes Xpresso I-Clic float cleats and mounting hardware
- Color: Black/White
- Weight: 71 grams/pedal
- Made in France