Mavic Yksion Pro UST Tubeless Road Tire
Mavic's commitment to cyclists and the company's long history as an original partner in development of the mountain UST tubeless system is now clearly seen in the developments with road UST rims, wheels, and tires. The pride and joy of the performance road UST tire line-up is the Yksion Pro UST Tire. This lightweight tire not only delivers great road feel and control, but is also one of the easiest tubeless tires to install and mount. Available in both 700x25 and 28mm sizes, this is a tire that can help you redefine the way you think about and execute your favorite road courses and training rides.
The Yksion Pro UST Tire features a Kevlar bead, which enables Mavic's Perfect Match system and easy installation with Mavic UST rims. The sidewall is surprisingly supple and easy to handle yet provides a reassuring fit- with or without sealant use. The casing is a supple 127 TPI system, yet it carries the Guard bead to bead polymide breaker that not only offers puncture and sidewall abrasion protection, but also contributes to a remarkably consistent feel across the center and shoulders of the Yksion Pro UST. It is clear that Mavic is partnering with another great French company, Hutchinson, on these tires as the specs and the use of the 11 Storm single compound tread rubber give the game away. 11 Storm rolls fast and sure, with impressive wear resistance yet grip you'd expect from a softer, less durable tire. At 260 grams for the 700x25 size this is a tubeless ready road tire that will exceed all of your expectations.
- Low resistance, excellent feeling, road UST tubeless ready tire in two size options
- 127 TPI casing is supple and consistent
- Guard bead to bead polymide breaker offers full tire protection
- Kevlar bead offers some flexibility for installation
- Mavic's Perfect Match UST rim/tire system among easiest tubeless installs, tight mfg control over bead diameter and stiffness
- 11 Storm single compound rubber/tread has very low rolling resistance, high mileage durability, and excellent grip; directional tread pattern
- Tubeless pressure recommendations: 25mm: 101 PSI, 28mm: 87 PSI (as measured on a 17mm internal width UST rim)
- Mavic recommends 30ml of sealant for best seal and protection results
- Sizes: 700x25, 700x28
- Color: Black (white logos)
- Weight: 25mm 260g, 28mm 290g